SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 12:31:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Contact admin:
email" border="0" width="230" height="21
11069 Posts in 1378 Topics by 183 Members
Latest Member: Quirrely
* Home Help Search Calendar Personal Messages Members Login Register
+  SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG Forum
|-+  General Boards
| |-+  Submarine Related Chatter
| | |-+  School of the Boat (Moderator: Darrin)
| | | |-+  School of the Boat (21 Jan 2013) - Plumbing System
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: School of the Boat (21 Jan 2013) - Plumbing System  (Read 5563 times)
Darrin
USS Torsk Volunteer

Total BZs: 17

School of the Boat Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 07:33:01 PM »

Mark,

Honestly I wouldn't be too upset about the top of the tank being welded shut because that gives you a HUGE opportunity to still use the tank for what you want to use it for.. If I had to guess you have TWO choices as to how to use this tank.. 1 cut into the san piping and add a fitting so that an outside pumper (honey truck) can suck out all of the grey water OR have a welding company and the outside pumper company come in and have them tell you what size fitting you would need to have cut/welded in place so that you can make that tank operational once more..

Correy,

Great find... damn retired Army Aviation AH-64 A,D Armament and a former Los Angles class TorpedoMan guesstimated correctly as to where another set of access hatches are 2funny

Darrin

Mark Sarsfield
Former USS Batfish Volunteer
Chief Petty Officer

Total BZs: 9

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »

Darrin,

My main concern is not knowing the condition of the tank.  I suppose that we could figure that out by accessing one of the FERLL access points and inspecting the outside of the tank.  You are right, though, that without a working pneumatic system, we would need an alternate means of "blowing the tank", like a honey dipper, which requires a modified fitting of some kind.  If we go that route, then we would definitely bring a sani company out ahead of time to determine what type of fitting that they would prefer.

Still, I like my idea of getting the tank to drain automatically into a ballast tank, since we will probably only ever have gray water waste on board.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: