Author Topic: New resto?  (Read 7812 times)

Offline Jim

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Moderator
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
New resto?
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »
Hey Tom, any new resto pics?  It's been a long time since March.   :'(

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: New resto?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
What Jim said...

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Tom Bowser

• USS Drum Restoration Foreman
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:20:48 PM »
Hi Everyone, sorry for lack of updates, had problems with firefox, gt resovled. We finished getting the lead out and spent last year removing the framing and supports for the lead in several tanks, shoveled out the dirt and rush and replaced curved framing, I beams, etc in four or five tanks. no photos, they look just like the others and my camera went south on me too. I think it didn't like being in the tanks. I know we are wimps but for us we have had a long cold damp winter and have stayed inside where it was also too cold to paint, our heating doesn't work too good. we did put in a new display with some of the items we have found.
We just had our navy inspection today and like the last two years we got high praise for the work and progress. I am hoping to get a sand blaster in this year to sand blast and paint in the tanks.
Tom

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:16:54 PM »
Nice.  :) Thank you for the update. 

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy