Author Topic: Hello and thank you  (Read 7545 times)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Hello and thank you
« on: March 29, 2014, 12:50:22 PM »
Well, when this stop on the internet was formed just over six years ago, I had no idea where it would go.  I had no children yet and one job.  Now, I have two children and two jobs! We have made new friends, new contacts, and seen many friends come and go.

With that said, I'm so thankful for all of you coming here and taking part.  It's wonderful!  I may not be on here as much as I once was, but I am still here, still trying. Thank you for all you do!  I'd love to see a new spurt of activity.  I know Facebook and other social media has taken much new priority over traditional websites and internet forums, but I do believe that websites and forums have a great purpose, such as this place.

Keep on keeping on, let's do this! These are the submarines in your neighborhood!

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and thank you
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
Lance,

Thank you for hosting this board and keeping it open even with little or no activity.

Darrin

Offline nomad66

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »
Lance,

It is we that should be thanking you for keeping this site up. Another BZ for you. 8)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:50:58 PM »
Hey I like learning about this stuff as I go.

It's a shame the economy has taken such a nosedive over the last decade.  I really do think things like museum submarines will suffer for it long-term.