Author Topic: Help with parts for movie scene  (Read 5199 times)

Offline noorullah

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 0
    • View Profile
Help with parts for movie scene
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:01 PM »
Hello.  My name is Javed Noorullah and I am the assistant decorator for the film Fast and Furious 8.  We are currently looking for parts to build an interior of a submarine for one of scenes in this latest and greatest installment in the Fast and Furious franchise.  I stumbled upon this forum while researching where to find parts.  We are looking for components and materials to build a control room, a sonar room, a radio room, engine room and torpedo room.  I would love to see if you might have anything that might be able to help us in building this exciting set or perhaps could guide us in the right direction. 

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Help with parts for movie scene
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 09:34:46 PM »
Javed, welcome to the forum!  I split and moved your post to a place where it would get seen by more of the members here, hopefully.

There are some fellas on here that should have something good to say.   ;)

Offline Mike

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Help with parts for movie scene
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 08:06:12 PM »
Hi, Javed...

Just curious, but given the fact that designing a set like that would seem to be a pain in the butt, wouldn't be easier to shoot on location? By the time you got all of the parts/pieces to make a visually believable set, the cost might be less than going to one of the many sub museums out there...

Mike
"When you're holding people's attention, I feel you must give them high-quality ingredients. They deserve nothing but your best. And if they need information, get it, cross-check it, and try to be right. Do not waste their time; do not enjoy the ego trip of being onstage."

Henry Rollins