SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2017, 07:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
submarineshop.com" width="230" height="32
11021 Posts in 1369 Topics by 179 Members
Latest Member: Mike Orahood
* Home Help Search Calendar Personal Messages Members Login Register
+  SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG Forum
|-+  General Boards
| |-+  New Member Introductions
| | |-+  Retired Squids in Phoenix, Arizona
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Retired Squids in Phoenix, Arizona  (Read 1621 times)
USNPAORET
Seaman Apprentice

Total BZs: 0

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2016, 10:25:40 PM »

Greetings! I'm Lynn Bennett, USN Reserve Retired as of May 1, 2016! I was the Public Affairs Officer for NAVCO in Millington when I retired. I am also the Vice President of the Association of the U.S. Navy (Saguaro Chapter) in Arizona. We have taken on the task of bringing parts of the USS Phoenix (SSN-702) submarine to Phoenix for preservation. They just cut it up in May, up in Bremerton. We have a trucking company set to get the parts but they got a big job and had to postpone us until August. We are getting the Rudder, Sail and planes. We have a MOU with the City of Phoenix to put a Monument in front of the Arizona State Veteran's Home at Steele Indian School Park. We are a small group (less than 10, mostly four) and we can use all the recommendations and help you can give. HELP! We have one donation of $25,000 and one of $6,000. That's it. We need $2Million. Shocked
drew
Seaman

Total BZs: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:22:45 PM »

Hi Lynn,

Welcome.

You may have noticed things things are a little quiet here these days. Despite that, I have found forum members to be a great help to me answering technical and questions and giving advice about keeping a WWII diesel boat on the top side of the water.

If you collect to much money and don't know what to do with it, come to Fall River Massachusetts and I can help you spend it on another boat.

Best of luck and good wishes.
Drew
Darrin
USS Torsk Volunteer
Chief Petty Officer

Total BZs: 17

School of the Boat Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 11:22:38 PM »

Welcome aboard,

Sorry about not checking the board lately I have had a lot going on in my life and this sadly along with other things have taken a back seat to this. I wish you well and I hope that you can save what is left of the boat.

V/R,

Darrin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: