Author Topic: Retired Squids in Phoenix, Arizona  (Read 8128 times)

Offline USNPAORET

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 0
    • View Profile
Retired Squids in Phoenix, Arizona
« on: July 07, 2016, 10:25:40 PM »
Greetings! I'm Lynn Bennett, USN Reserve Retired as of May 1, 2016! I was the Public Affairs Officer for NAVCO in Millington when I retired. I am also the Vice President of the Association of the U.S. Navy (Saguaro Chapter) in Arizona. We have taken on the task of bringing parts of the USS Phoenix (SSN-702) submarine to Phoenix for preservation. They just cut it up in May, up in Bremerton. We have a trucking company set to get the parts but they got a big job and had to postpone us until August. We are getting the Rudder, Sail and planes. We have a MOU with the City of Phoenix to put a Monument in front of the Arizona State Veteran's Home at Steele Indian School Park. We are a small group (less than 10, mostly four) and we can use all the recommendations and help you can give. HELP! We have one donation of $25,000 and one of $6,000. That's it. We need $2Million. :o

Offline drew

• Seaman
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Retired Squids in Phoenix, Arizona
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:22:45 PM »
Hi Lynn,

Welcome.

You may have noticed things things are a little quiet here these days. Despite that, I have found forum members to be a great help to me answering technical and questions and giving advice about keeping a WWII diesel boat on the top side of the water.

If you collect to much money and don't know what to do with it, come to Fall River Massachusetts and I can help you spend it on another boat.

Best of luck and good wishes.
Drew

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Retired Squids in Phoenix, Arizona
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 12:22:38 AM »
Welcome aboard,

Sorry about not checking the board lately I have had a lot going on in my life and this sadly along with other things have taken a back seat to this. I wish you well and I hope that you can save what is left of the boat.

V/R,

Darrin