Author Topic: More work for all...  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
More work for all...
« on: May 07, 2008, 09:16:27 AM »
As always, I'm thinking up new ways to improve the boat's appearance and create more work for al of us. :)  I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove the antenna platforms from the top of the SD radar mast, since they were post-war add-ons?  They're probably welded on, but it's nothing that a grinder wheel on a drill probably wouldn't fix.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline MWALLEN

• Military Historian / Former Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • The Official USS Batfish SS310 Website
Re: More work for all...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
I would guess it would be difficult, but I haven't really looked at it.  Besides, I think everyone is busy with other things...like the deck.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 11:39:54 AM »
There's no time limit on the idea.  Just something I thought I'd bring up.  I agree that the deck and painting are a much bigger priority.  I need to hook up a speaker wire to one of the reproducers in the sub for the reenactments, too.

Does anyone have a boom box radio or small stereo with auxiliary inputs?  This will be needed to power the reproducers int he sub.  A laptop will feed the sounds into the stereo.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 01:33:08 PM »
The deck is top priority in my book right now.  We have the wood and supplies here to work on it.  I just need man power.  The Batfish Foundation will purchase additional supplies as needed.  I will need to discuss the plans for the seams between planks.   I are going to section this out and get-er-dun one section at ta time...

I am open to other activities and ideas.  as time allows..

Rick