Author Topic: Increase in visitors, yet?  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Increase in visitors, yet?
« on: May 09, 2008, 10:55:21 PM »
It's probably a little early to tell, but maybe, Rick, you noticed more visitors in the past few days since you were on TV? I'm hoping that you get a good turn-out this weekend.  Maybe attract some Renaissance customers.  We could really use a billboard at the junction of Rt. 69 and the Muskogee Pike for southbound Pike traffic.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
Re: Increase in visitors, yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 01:12:27 PM »
I've acted in the Ren fair before and some of them (more than you would think) are ex-military. When I was out there last summer a guy I acted with came out and I was surprised that he was even a old submariner too. So Ren Fair partrons as well as actors would be interested.
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »
We do get a lot of buisness from the Ren fair.  The usually hit there then here.  it is really hard to tell if I have more customeres.  I know that I am definately more busy then normal, but I also had 75 vets and family members here.  We are also in the last few days of School and do not see any big increase until next week when school is out.   I can post some numbers at the end of the month...

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 09:53:02 AM »
Okay.

We visited the fair yesterday and we weren't overly impressed with it (compared with the one held in southern Maryland every year), but I did have a hawk land on my head for a demonstration.  I got a picture of him coming right at me. :)

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »
I agree.  The fair in AZ was much bigger and more impressive.  However,  we do get a lot of visitors that come over from the fair.  I thank you for sacrificing your head to the hawk to help promote relations with the other attractions in the city. 

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 12:39:32 PM »
Kinda off topic but Muskogee has the 2nd best Ren Fair in the nation. We have around 5 shows that are top 3 in the nation and a dance team that is #1. Woot! We are just spoiled with are fair here in town. But it is pricey to get in. I should have acted in it again just to get in for free. lol
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin