Author Topic: Corpsman UP!!  (Read 6644 times)

Offline torskdoc

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
Corpsman UP!!
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:39:26 PM »
NOW ALL HANDS!!!!  Short Arm Inspections Will NOT be held in the After Battery due to the TM Gang contracting CRABS :o during the last Tube load.  Instead, the quack will be checking for crabs with an ice pick and a propane torch!!   :knuppel2:

Now that the levity lamp has been lit, it's time for some serious stuff..

Name:  Larry Derouin
AKA: Torskdoc
Rate: HMSN
Torsk Volunteer 9 years. 

Major Projects:  After Deck replacement 1999, TOPSIDE Paint projects (1999-present), air system restoration and maintenance. 
Minor Projects: Anything else that no one on the boat wants to get dirty doing.  IE: Jack of all trades, master of a couple of them.

Darrin got me on this site.  Although he talks up a good deal, I don't know all of it, much less most of it.  I'm basically self taught, son of a ETC(SS) who has been fascinated with Diesel boats since damn near birth.  My first boat(visited) was DENTUDA(SS-335) @ Hunter Point in San Fran in 1958.  Catfish (SS-339) in San Diego in 1960.  Halibut (SSN-587) in 1968.  All three were my father's boats.   

I'll try and help with questions if I know the answer.   If not, I can try and find it. 

Torskdoc
Stick out yer arm, It won't hurt Me a bit.......

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Corpsman UP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:45:11 PM »
Welcome to the party, Larry!  I'm sorry for the little SNAFU with the registration activation thing. 

Really glad to have you here.  Let me know if you have any problems around the site.  And watch out for those Batfish boys.   :coolsmiley:

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 10:49:28 PM »
Welcome on board. And yes...the Batfish boys need to be watched.

We need some shirts with that on it....Batfish Boys has a nice ring.
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 11:34:55 PM »
Hmmmm... 

I have some of the best BS artists..... I mean political negotiators around.   I have to count the musuem enventory, the boat and my fingers every time they come to visit.   

Glad to hear you are on boatd.  I do have a Catfish vet over here.   One of my more cantancorous old vets, but a great guy.  We are happy to help we are in this buis together we stand together or we fall individually.

Rick
Park Manager(aka Director, benevelant lord and general a&*#@)
USS Batfish SS10 and SSN681 (in spirit)

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »
Gawd Damned it Doc, I TOLD you not to tell these guys about the crabs that TM Div got out while out on the beach before the weapons load.....  ; ::)

For the record if you ask Larry about a hull number give him a minute and he will tell you were she was built and about 80-90% of the time he can tell you when she was commissioned just off of the top his head and what kind of diesels were installed on her.  I know that he knows more about Torsk then most of our vols and that is why I that arrogant son of a beach qualified him and he has forgotten more about diesels then I will probably ever know about them.

Good on ya Doc for showing up, pull up your laptop and stay a while..