SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 01:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Find us on Facebook width="200" height="50
11073 Posts in 1378 Topics by 184 Members
Latest Member: SonofaClamagoreVet
* Home Help Search Calendar Personal Messages Members Login Register
+  SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG Forum
|-+  General Boards
| |-+  Museum Submarine Discussion
| | |-+  Lessons learned on strip ships and how to get in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lessons learned on strip ships and how to get in  (Read 22917 times)
Ctwilley
USS Batfish Volunteer
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Total BZs: 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 12:06:48 PM »

Mark, since you're kind of ram-rodding this thing from our end, I'll give you the official "wish-list" from the BLHA. Let me know as soon as you decide when you all are planning on going out there. I'll try to take off work and go with you. I would LOVE to be a part of that.
Darrin
USS Torsk Volunteer
Chief Petty Officer

Total BZs: 17

School of the Boat Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »

JRRF just like Philly have gone to the twice a year strip ships and these are two weeks long, while there may be gear that is out there for you, you may get what you need by trading pieces/parts with other museums that have done these strip ships in the past and have the extra's or the parts that you need in storage and those who can't use the parts may be more then happy to trade with you.. the only thing that it takes is an email between those who run these museums to find out if they have the parts that you need and if they are willing to get rid of them, that alone may save you time money and the blood and sweat involved in a strip ship because while fun they are exhausting and painfull in the end.

Rick
Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
Chief Petty Officer

Total BZs: 5

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »

Corrye,
Let me know what you are looking for.  I may be able to add to the list.  I would like to see a dont more of the valve handles, gadges and hatch handles replaced.  I also noticed that one of the cleats on the after deck was replaced with a cheesy home spun one.   Also coordinate with Makr Allen and his group.  I know that there are several of them that would love to go on one of these trips,  I would like to go myself.    We will see.   All of the extra hands you can get would go a long way to help out on this project.

Rick
Ctwilley
USS Batfish Volunteer
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Total BZs: 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 09:21:35 PM »

I've already started putting the word out on my end and we have at least 3 sets of hands available from the BLHA side. I'll give you the list that we come up with.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: