Author Topic: May I suggest revamping a couple of the boat's bios?  (Read 5248 times)

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
May I suggest revamping a couple of the boat's bios?
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:46:49 PM »
Two boats' bios state that they saw the Yamato....  OK, that's nice... it doesn't say they attacked, tracked, etc. It seems that these boats are selling themselves short... If I remember correctly they are BECUNA and CROAKER?  Becuna, beside her WWII exploits, was a GUPPY conversion and was a COLD WAR veteran, providing NATO's barrier against the then growing threat of a Soviet Blue Water Navy. Ditto for CROAKER, who, by the way, was part of the SSK program that made her and her sisters the quietest subs on earth!!! Their auxiliary equipment was hand-modified to make them as silent as possible by experts in the field of equipment silencing... their job was to ambush Soviet submarines in the GIUK gaps!   It would seem fitting to say more positive things about these boats than they saw a juicy target.

I think the problem is they don't have a spokesperson working on their behalf... sad.
They are the stepchildren of multi-ship parks...   :'(

PF
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: May I suggest revamping a couple of the boat's bios?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:57:32 PM »
You are referring to the "interesting facts" section on the front page.  And you are right, no one here on their behalf.  I couldn't find many unique facts about several of the museum subs, which is sad because we all know there are some.

There was/is an ongoing thread here on the forum about "unique facts about your favorite submarine museum" somewhere.  I'll welcome any additions.  You have more stuff Paul?  :)

edit:
here's the ongoing thread

http://www.submarinemuseums.org/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

I'd love ANY input for a few small snippet additions to any sub museum for the front page.  It has to be brief. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:01:52 PM by Lance Dean »

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:31:52 AM »
Feel free to edit the snipits I mentioned for these boats. SSK listing also applies to the CAVALLA. Let me know what boats need a listing kick in the pants.  :knuppel2:

PF
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:04:53 AM »
Will do.  Just as soon as I get the chance to do some updating.  This is a crazy busy week!   :crazy2: