Author Topic: Silent Hunter 4 Gold  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Silent Hunter 4 Gold
« on: June 26, 2008, 12:15:42 AM »
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71823

8/12/2008

Can't wait!  So glad I'll finally own a HARD COPY of U-Boat Missions.   :smitten:

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Hunter 4 Gold
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:33:38 PM »
I haven't played my copy since early March.  Too busy with the real boat and real life.  Also, I've been waiting for all of the cool mods to get finished with the bugs worked out.  I got tired of having to make install changes every week.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline nomad66

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
Has anyone heard if the UBoat expansion pack will be offered on disc without having to buy the entire game again? I don't mind paying for an add-on, but paying for  the 1.5 patch or paying for a 2nd copy seems to be taking advantage of current owners.

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »
Has anyone heard if the UBoat expansion pack will be offered on disc without having to buy the entire game again? I don't mind paying for an add-on, but paying for  the 1.5 patch or paying for a 2nd copy seems to be taking advantage of current owners.

I doubt that will ever happen.  Mostly because I believe SH4 wasn't "done" even in v1.4.  And you can't even buy Silent Hunter 4 anymore, can you?

I see what you're saying, but selling the U-Boat expansion for a game that isn't sold on shelves anymore won't do us any good.  Again, I see completely what you're saying.

The ONLY reason I'm not upset is the fact that Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition is only going to cost $20, and that's at release.  It will probably only get cheaper over time.  Even if Ubi did release the U-Boat expansion pack by itself, you know they'd charge at least $15 for a disc form since they charge $10 for a digital download of it.

Look at it this way, at least when you do a re-install, you'll have the whole game up to v1.5 on a single disc.  No more installing and patching (for now).  :)