Author Topic: In a couple of days a shipmate of my uncle and I will be onboard here,  (Read 6411 times)

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
I would like to formally welcome LT Ken Johnson to this bbs and let you all know that he is a great shipmate who it has been and honor to meet and know.

Right now he is working on getting his USS Sea Owl online newspaper edited and posted along with helping the divers in Providence, Rhode Island bring the K-77 back to the surface once more. Without his and a couple of others help the task would have been a daunting task that would not have been remotely feaseable, through his pictures and knowledge of the ship he and others have been able to give a detailed description of what things are and how they used to work so the divers can bring her up safely.

Hopefully when he is able to set down and get all of his pics of the K-77 organized he will be able to do a virtual site dedicated to her and the Russian submariners who sailed her and those like her.

Again Ken I welcome you to this bbs and may you stay here for a LONG time,

Darrin

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Agreed and looking forward to Ken Johnson being here!

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
Love to see those pix of K-77 being brought back up.
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
I am sure that that evolution can take place, she is supposed to be back on the surface by this weekend and moored against the pier once more on top of the water.