Author Topic: Boat's Horn  (Read 19144 times)

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Boat's Horn
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »
Mark,
I forgot to look at the one on Torsk to see how it is mounted while I was up there last weekend, sorry.
What you need to look for is the piping for the ships horn and then you will see a bracket where the ships horn handle goes, you will probably have to get a nut and bolt for it to work, the piping should have a valve on top with IF I remember correctly it is a poppet valve actuator (valve body should have a nipple for the actuator to press on to actuate it) and the handle was stowed in the close proximity if not still on the valve just in the locked up position or locked to keep it from being in advertantly actuated

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Boat's Horn
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
I located all of that stuff a while ago, but the bracket is no longer welded to the bridge and I couldn't find where it used to be welded.  So, I was hoping for a picture of where it's mounted so that we can weld it back on in its proper place.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy