Author Topic: Foot traffic winding down?  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Foot traffic winding down?
« on: July 29, 2008, 11:45:27 PM »
My wife starts back to teaching tomorrow, summer is nearly over for kids around here.

I'm assuming right now is when the summer visitor traffic begins to slow down significantly?

I'm also curious from those "in the know" as to how this summer's traffic has compared to other summers with the fuel prices and economy.  From one standpoint I'd assume visitor traffic was down, but then again I know more people are taking shorter vacations near home.  Are the local people offsetting the visitor numbers?

I was thinking that now may be the time for the submarine museums to shine, as they are great, educational, inexpensive ways to spend an afternoon or a day.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:47:10 PM by Lance Dean »

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Foot traffic winding down?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 12:56:57 PM »
All indiscations show that people are staying closer to home.   I did not see a significante decrease in our foot traffic.  However,  I have to temper that a little as we are doing a lot to get more people into the museum.   

Take it for what it is worth

Rick

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Foot traffic winding down?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:48:18 PM »
That's great Rick.

I got to thinking about it, and now seems like a perfect time for museums (of any kind) to flourish!  Museums are usually inexpensive to visit and can easily take as much time as you want to spend there.

Take War Memorial Park for example.  For $12, a husband and wife and child could visit the park and spend a good couple of hours.