Author Topic: 1 year ago today,  (Read 5622 times)

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
1 year ago today,
« on: October 01, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
TorskDoc and I started what would be my 5 DAY work weekend and when I went home I was dead tired and ready to go back to work, granted it took me 2 days to recover before I was even close to being ready to work but I went back to work tired with a smile on my face.

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: 1 year ago today,
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:38:44 PM »
Five days of work?  Surely you guys accomplished a lot in that amount of time.  :)  More shoulder injuries?

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:33:44 PM »
Doc was done on friday and I stayed onboard for two more days after that and no my shoulder was fine for that one, was still working out on a regular basis and didn't mind the popping in the shoulder because it didn't hurt at the time... and yes we did a LOT of work prior to the work weekend kicking off and it was a very productive weekend to be had by all that weekend. My shoulder may or may not have come loose during a JRRF trip or a building strip out here at Eustis and I will neither confirm or deny the fact that it has been bad for many many moons now and it has finally gone bad..  Thursday people will be showing up and staying onboard and the work weekend will unofficially kick off with the final prep work before our extended family show's up to work and tell lies and sea stories and hopefully work. And Friday will be the OFFICAL kick off to the Torsk Work Weekend 2008 (my 5th)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:07:27 AM »
Darrin,

How did your weekend go?  We made some good progress on Batfish.

Mark S.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 09:46:28 AM »
It was a great weekend to be had by all who were onboard, we completed a LOT of tasks onboard that needed to be done and everyone had fun while working on her.