SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2018, 01:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Contact admin:
email" border="0" width="230" height="21
11075 Posts in 1379 Topics by 184 Members
Latest Member: SonofaClamagoreVet
* Home Help Search Calendar Personal Messages Members Login Register
+  SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG Forum
|-+  General Boards
| |-+  Submarine Related Chatter
| | |-+  School of the Boat (Moderator: Darrin)
| | | |-+  School of the Boat (21 October2008) Leaks in the After Torpedo Room
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: School of the Boat (21 October2008) Leaks in the After Torpedo Room  (Read 8468 times)
JTheotonio
Chief Petty Officer

Total BZs: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »

While I was in the after torpedo room someone put a bug juice machine in my #1 tube! knuppel2 Now I got to drink on this stuff... smitten

-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John
Darrin
USS Torsk Volunteer

Total BZs: 17

School of the Boat Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 05:46:24 PM »

Twas not I said the wise man to the board of inquires Wink  besides you have no proof (pics, audio or video of that incident) of me doing that so I have to say that I am shocked to hear that someone would put a bug juice machine in a torpedo tube and knowing that a WWII fleet boat didn't have them that would mean that the piece of equipment has been relocated from another source and again that was not me whom may or maynot have relocated above stated piece of equipment from another unit angel

It must have been the MM's who were trying to frame TM Div with there dastardly plan to get us in trouble because EVERYONE knows that TM Div does nothing wrong and we would NEVER think of doing that  Grin

Darrin
USS Torsk Volunteer

School of the Boat Guru

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »

Hey JT,
Me thinks that you may have been hitting the Gilly a bit early because tube #1 is in the FTR and not in the ATR Wink

Mark Sarsfield
Former USS Batfish Volunteer
Chief Petty Officer

Total BZs: 9

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »

I've been reading "Pig Boats" and although it's pretty anecdotal, some accounts go into some detail on how certain boat crews took a pounding and how they had to mechanically deal with it - multiple times.  For instance I think it was Perch in the Java Sea battle that got hit so many times that several water tight doors were warped.  They had to do stuff like adjusting the dogs to get the hatches to hold closed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:00:39 PM by Mark Sarsfield » Logged

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy
JTheotonio
Chief Petty Officer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 08:29:17 PM »

Me thinks that you may have been hitting the Gilly a bit early because tube #1 is in the FTR and not in the ATR
:crazy2:I don't know what you mean Darrin idiot2 I am sure I was in the right room..rihgt  Tongue

-----

John
Darrin
USS Torsk Volunteer

School of the Boat Guru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 08:57:07 PM »

Sure John, you were in the right room... the After Room folks need to repaint the numbers on the tubes to show that tube #7 is correctly identified as so Wink  ya didn't move the stash of mags that may or may not have been stashed in there also did you?Huh?

JTheotonio
Chief Petty Officer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »

Cheesy thanks - I was worried  Tongue ya know I am old and sometimes I  Embarrassed forget....where's the Gilly Juice again?  crazy2

-----

John
Darrin
USS Torsk Volunteer

School of the Boat Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 10:43:57 PM »

Last time I saw what was left or your stash of it after cutting it with the bug juice currently in the bug juice machine, it was in the FTR in the lower flats running wide open and ready to drink.. Didn't taste too bad this time, using less and less water to cut the taste of the gilly and not smell so much like alcohol...

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: