Author Topic: School of the Boat (21 October2008) Leaks in the After Torpedo Room  (Read 16266 times)

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
Re: School of the Boat (21 October2008) Leaks in the After Torpedo Room
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »
While I was in the after torpedo room someone put a bug juice machine in my #1 tube! :knuppel2: Now I got to drink on this stuff... :smitten:
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 05:46:24 PM »
Twas not I said the wise man to the board of inquires ;)  besides you have no proof (pics, audio or video of that incident) of me doing that so I have to say that I am shocked to hear that someone would put a bug juice machine in a torpedo tube and knowing that a WWII fleet boat didn't have them that would mean that the piece of equipment has been relocated from another source and again that was not me whom may or maynot have relocated above stated piece of equipment from another unit :angel:

It must have been the MM's who were trying to frame TM Div with there dastardly plan to get us in trouble because EVERYONE knows that TM Div does nothing wrong and we would NEVER think of doing that  ;D

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »
Hey JT,
Me thinks that you may have been hitting the Gilly a bit early because tube #1 is in the FTR and not in the ATR ;)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »
I've been reading "Pig Boats" and although it's pretty anecdotal, some accounts go into some detail on how certain boat crews took a pounding and how they had to mechanically deal with it - multiple times.  For instance I think it was Perch in the Java Sea battle that got hit so many times that several water tight doors were warped.  They had to do stuff like adjusting the dogs to get the hatches to hold closed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:00:39 PM by Mark Sarsfield »

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 08:29:17 PM »
Me thinks that you may have been hitting the Gilly a bit early because tube #1 is in the FTR and not in the ATR
:crazy2:I don't know what you mean Darrin :idiot2: I am sure I was in the right room..rihgt  :P
-----

John

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 08:57:07 PM »
Sure John, you were in the right room... the After Room folks need to repaint the numbers on the tubes to show that tube #7 is correctly identified as so ;)  ya didn't move the stash of mags that may or may not have been stashed in there also did you????

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »
 :D thanks - I was worried  :P ya know I am old and sometimes I  :-[ forget....where's the Gilly Juice again?  :crazy2:
-----

John

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 10:43:57 PM »
Last time I saw what was left or your stash of it after cutting it with the bug juice currently in the bug juice machine, it was in the FTR in the lower flats running wide open and ready to drink.. Didn't taste too bad this time, using less and less water to cut the taste of the gilly and not smell so much like alcohol...