Author Topic: Albacore update (13 Dec 08)  (Read 14413 times)

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
Albacore update (13 Dec 08)
« on: December 14, 2008, 09:26:40 PM »
While talking with a shipmate of mine he mentioned to me that while on his return trip from Cape Cod that he stopped into look at her and that she was in better condition then the COD and looked ready to go to sea unlike the COD and other boats in the museum community.

Seriously, John Bay was onboard last week on his return trip and he states that his boat is looking damned good and that he is one of the luckiest folks in the world due to it's location and having volunteers ready to show up and working... Now when asked for updates.... not so many so I may have to bug him for them but what the heck I can bug the crap out of people for the fun of it.

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Albacore update (13 Dec 08)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
John Bay called me one time.  He's a nice fella.  The Albacore is a unique boat.

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »
You are right to both accounts and I am trying to bring John to this bbs and he is trying to bring me to LIB, so it may be benifical for both of us to join both bbs' so we can truly see what is going on.

Anyways the Albacore is lookin good and was painted 4 months ago and I am working on John to start posting here once a month to let us know what happend with her and what is going to happen next.

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 10:29:08 AM »
John Bay gave me a personal tour on Albacore a couple of months ago.  We met via LIB.  Him and I have a lot in common heritage wise.  If you ever get the opportuity to visit the Albacore make sure John is there.  He will treat you to the biggest and best Lobster roll on the East Coast.

John is an execellant photographer and said he must have over 10,000 pictures of the Albacore alone.  I'll work on him too and see if he will join us. :knuppel2:
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John