Author Topic: Another New Guy  (Read 8696 times)

Offline etkfixr

• USS Clamagore Volunteer
  • Seaman
  • Total BZs: 3
    • View Profile
Another New Guy
« on: March 18, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
Hi All, my name is Terry Kuhn, I was on the Andrew Jackson, SSBN-619 and the Billfish, SSN-676.  I currently work at the Battleship North Carolina Memorial.  We have been doing a living history program there since 1996 and recently started helping with events at Patriots Point onboard the Laffey.  We have been itching to get on the Clamagore to do programs there and were recently given the go ahead from Patriots Point.  Most of our guys like to get dirty fixing things up where-ever they do events, so I'm hoping to bring some eager volunteer workers to the Clamagore.  No matter where you go everyone loves the picture of a sailor chipping paint!  Terry

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Another New Guy
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »
Glad you are here!

Perhaps you can let us know more about what's going on with the Clamagore?  Visit Clamagore's board:

http://www.submarinemuseums.org/forum/index.php?board=7.0

Offline Tom Bowser

• USS Drum Restoration Foreman
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:39:00 AM »
Hey Terry, good to se you here and glad to here they are letting you work on the Clam.
Tom Bowser

Offline Viejo

• On Eternal Patrol 12/10/12
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 6
    • View Profile
    • Lockwood Internet Base
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 12:55:50 PM »
No matter where you go everyone loves the picture of a sailor chipping paint!  Terry
Terry,  glad to see you aboard.  Please send along pictures of what you start to work on, then what it looks like when it gets done.  I'll put them up on the SaveOurSubmarines  page.  We have several LIB members who were on the Clamagore and are interested in what gets done on it. Let me also pass along that this fall at the USSVI convention, we are going to have a display for all museum boats. Any videos you might be able to make that would show the boat and things about it and also any that might be used to show what needs to be done  would be very helpful. We would put them in files, then show them to people at the convention. We are hoping to be able to increase support of the museum boats. Both from people wanting to be part of work parties and also financially.
Thanks,
Bill Lee LIB BC.
“Keep the memory of the USS Scorpion SSN-589 and its crew alive"
http://www.decklog.com/SSN-589.asp