Author Topic: Been gone awhile  (Read 5854 times)

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Been gone awhile
« on: January 09, 2009, 01:53:15 AM »
I know I have not been posting recently, and just wanted to let everyone know that I am ok, and that I still check this site on a regular basis, however I have just not had enough time to post with school work taking up alot of my time. This also means I have not been able to get over to the Batfish as much as I would like to, and when I can it is only for a few hours when im coming over to visit my grandparents, and then on top of that I can only afford that one trip over since after all im a freshman in college, and everone knows we have no cash, lol.

Rick, and Mark, I want to apoligize for not coming to more of the work days, I really wish I could make it to more of them but it is really hard to do. I will really try hard on my spring break, and will be there for sure over the summer.

Just wanted to let everyone know what was up
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Been gone awhile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »
travis,

I understand, but remember a couple of things,

1. There is work that can be done for the museum that does not require you being here.   When you are here keep you eyes open for opertunities.  I will do the same. 

2.  You are always welcome at the Batfish.  Come out when you can.  Otherwise take care of buissness (life)

3.  You are still open for harrassment from the crew.  :)

Rick

Offline MWALLEN

• Military Historian / Former Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • The Official USS Batfish SS310 Website
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:22:26 AM »
school work taking up alot of my time.

Man - where are your priorities?   :knuppel2:

Actually, I understand.  Between my job, my contract job and 2 graduate courses (totaling 6 research papers this semester)...and on yeah, family time...I really do understand.  But I hear that sleep is over-rated.   :buck2:

Just come over when you can...you're on my email distribution list so you will know when we are planning a work day.

Mark
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »
I was beginning to wonder what was up with you. hadn't heard from you in a long time. College is kind of overrated by high school teachers huh? ;)
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 12:42:53 AM »
yes it is. Currently I am in the architecture studio which eats up more time than anything, yesterday (the first day of the semester) I was in the class from one thirty to five twenty, then needed to go back at nin pm until one in the morning and I still did not get everything I needed to get done.
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."