Author Topic: New B.L.H.A. Website  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
New B.L.H.A. Website
« on: July 20, 2009, 01:41:29 PM »
Our reenacting group has a new/upgraded website at www.ss310.com.  Most of the Batfish folks have seen it, but I thought that I'd share with everyone else. Be patient with it and if you have to, hit CTRL-left mouse button once or twice to get everything to load properly.  It loads faster in Firefox, but you won't hear any music or sound effects.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
Re: New B.L.H.A. Website
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »
Nice website...  really cool chaptering especially.

One observation.  After looking at hundreds and hundreds of COD wartime photos and about the same number of sub photos from other boats, I gotta say I don't recall ever seeing enlisted men wearing dixie cups below decks or topside for that matter while on patrol.  The short billed ball cap was especially popular on COD topside.

I'll double check.
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: New B.L.H.A. Website
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 09:19:14 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, Paul.  We are working on getting reproduction ball caps made.  I have one of the prototypes.  We had them made from OD HBT cotton material.  The pattern was from a USSAF long-billed cap and we just shortened the bill.  I also bought a plain, fitted, 1940's-looking, midnight blue, baseball cap.  It has hidden elastic in it and it's a nice fit.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy