Author Topic: sub book author  (Read 6968 times)

chris

sub book author
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:23:42 PM »
I WAS TALKING TO STEPHEN L MOORE ABOUT HIS NEW BOOK,WAR OF THE WOLF DUE OUT IN ABOUT A MONTH.HIS BOOK ON THE SPADEFISH WAS VERY WELL DONE.THIS BOOK WILL DEAL WITH ALL OF SEAWOLFS WAR TIME AND UP TO THE AWFUL END FOR HER.i ASKED HIM TO CHECK OU THE SITE SO LETS HOPE HE DOES

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Re: sub book author
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »
I just lost one of my vets last year.  Dick Fogal was his name.  He served on the Seawolf and transfered off her 2 days before it was sunk.  He was an amazing man.  I felt that he should get some recognition.

chris

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:11:06 AM »
I AM SURE YOUR FRIEND WILL BE MENTIONED.THERE ARE A FEW GUYS THAT GOT OFF THEIR BOAT BEFORE THEY WENT DOWN AND I GUESS FOREST J STERLING OF WAHOO IS THE MOST WELL KNOWN.

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 11:08:04 AM »
I just lost one of my vets last year.  Dick Fogal was his name.  He served on the Seawolf and transfered off her 2 days before it was sunk.  He was an amazing man.  I felt that he should get some recognition.

I believe he does also Rick. He was an amazing man.
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."