Author Topic: Picture of Engine Telegraph?  (Read 15568 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of Engine Telegraph?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »
I'll have to get a picture of one the next time that I am down at the Batfish.  It was just one less thing for me to do, if one of you had a picture of an EB version with a red lense.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
MOTOR ORDER TELEGRAPH, EB Style!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
I have to think we have photos of our on our website:  www.usscod.org  and look in the CT, CR, and MR.

PF
 :coolsmiley:
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of Engine Telegraph?
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 11:48:48 PM »
The telegraphs in Cod's CT are definitely the same type as the Batfish's.  Pictures were too far away, though, to get a nice close-up view.

Btw, I am really impressed with Cod's interior.  It's amazing at how much equipment is still in her and how nice of shape she's still in.  Your CT, especially, is very nice.  Everything is still there.  No empty wall or ceiling mounts.  No dangling, bare wires.  Looks like she could plot and fire a torpedo if she still had to.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
COD's CT
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »
Well, I feel bad (a bit) to brag, but actually we can plot and fire a torpedo.

The Mk. 4 TDC runs like the day it was built, the TDC links to the tubes (forward room is a bit slow), the only weak link is COD needs to know where she is in relation to the earth, since the gyro is not currently functioning. That data has to be hand fed.

Thanks for the positive input though. Yes, we are lucky that the Navy didn't strip too much from her before we got her and most of the stuff taken by the subvets has been either returned or replaced.  But that is a story for another day.

Paul
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed