Author Topic: Batfish Fund Raising Might Hit $10K Mark  (Read 4635 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Batfish Fund Raising Might Hit $10K Mark
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
This upcoming weekend we (the Batfish Living History Association) will have our second "winter patrol".  Since Dec. 2007 we have had 4 events and this will be the 5th BLHA event.  We're hoping to hit the $10,000 mark of total funds raised for the boat, not including donated hardware/artifacts and time, money, etc. put into working on her.  Rick Dennis, park manager, informed us that the Batfish museum was the only one to turn a profit in the Muskogee area last year.  that alone is a good enough reason to keep holding these events.  Plus, we enjoy the public and especially talking to the vets.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Batfish Fund Raising Might Hit $10K Mark
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:11:22 PM »
How did it turn out?

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Batfish Fund Raising Might Hit $10K Mark
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:07:22 PM »
Sorry to leave you hanging.  I think we had about 200 visitors come through on Friday and Saturday total.  It was a bit cold and rainy that weekend.  My guess would be $1,000, but Rick would have the exact number.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy