Author Topic: FACEBOOK Pages  (Read 15222 times)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: FACEBOOK Pages
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 04:37:38 PM »
Lance
If you go to Mobile Bay Base web site I belive we have a button to our face book page. I guess one day I will have to break down and get on face book.
Tom

Tom, yeah the Mobile Bay Base USSVI guys have a fan page on Facebook.  I've been a fan for a good while now.  I don't know how many of those guys are on Facebook though.  Yes, you should get on Facebook, but then if you do you won't get anything done for a while!  :)

Offline Gil Bohannon

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 04:48:04 PM »
Torsk is on FB ;-)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »
What a mess.  Some are fan pages (good), some are groups, and some are set up like people pages.  The fan pages are best suited for stuff like this.  Easier to share and stuff.

I'm trying to compile some kind of list.

Offline Viejo

• On Eternal Patrol 12/10/12
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 6
    • View Profile
    • Lockwood Internet Base
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »
Lance, I agree. We need to get someone to put out a POC and tell people to set up their boat and org. pages as fan pages. The others don't work as well and don't give you all the options a fan page does. Maybe if you wrote Pat, he would put that info out. 
I did think that a column of urls for the group fan pages shown on your boat info page, would be good for all of us  to have as a reference page. But no rush, just anytime in the next few hours. LOL Nope, no rush at all, it isn't that hard to type in a boat's name and see what comes up. Some like the Cobia, might be a little harder to find, but thankfully Karen put up the address. I found a really nice picture of her and a couple of Navy Officers. Can't remember, do we have a picture page here to post pictures of things? Guess I better check in here more often. (Grin)
Thanks for having this page up so people like me can come over and refresh their brains about things they can't remember.
Viejo
“Keep the memory of the USS Scorpion SSN-589 and its crew alive"
http://www.decklog.com/SSN-589.asp

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »
Little know is the fact that Facebook limits the number of groups a person can join to 500 (I think is the number, because I hit it once), so fan pages are always much better - easier for people to join lots of these - just like a friend
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Viejo

• On Eternal Patrol 12/10/12
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 6
    • View Profile
    • Lockwood Internet Base
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 10:23:26 PM »
Facebook is really working out well for Freedom Park. There are four facebook pages of Omaha Business interests that work with us and we advertise events for each other. Now I find people who go to facebook before coming to the park and then asking to see this or that. I think the key is to keep new things going on the page. I found Karen's page and it is very well done. I am going to start looking through all the facebook addresses  Lance has up to see the other ones.  Good job to all who have and keep up a facebook page. Something else may come along some day, but for now that is a good free way to advertise the boats.
Viejo
“Keep the memory of the USS Scorpion SSN-589 and its crew alive"
http://www.decklog.com/SSN-589.asp

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »
I still say that nothing can beat a good, well-maintained website.  A Facebook fan page is an easy way to advertise.