Author Topic: General boat Plans Lost and found  (Read 4811 times)

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
General boat Plans Lost and found
« on: March 28, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »
I started the thread for 2 reasnons.  1st so to get some help for geeting copies of the general plans for the USS Batfish SSN 681, or a Sturgen Class Boat, and the USS OKlahoma.  The second reason is to keep this information in a common thread and creat quick refference rathern then going through a bunch of other unrelated threads....

Looking for some gerneral plans to the USS Batfish SSN 681, Sturgen class Long Hull and the general plans for the USS Oklahoma.  Any ideas as to where to look.

This might be a good

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Re: General boat Plans Lost and found
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »
Disregard the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs in the last post.  I'm suffering from OHS.....

Offline Viejo

• On Eternal Patrol 12/10/12
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 6
    • View Profile
    • Lockwood Internet Base
Re: General boat Plans Lost and found
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »
I found some things about the Marlin by writing to the Navy Museum.  Fortunately the plans for both ships in Freedom Park were on board when I started working on the ships.
Other sources might be the Naval History and Heritage Command. Also maybe some who work on the website for the USS Oklahoma might have information. And maybe someone like Charles Hinman might know if the shipyard in Hawaii would still have plans. They were the ones that did the raising and overhaul to try and make it in fighting condition again.
Also some of the model clubs have very detailed plans of the boats they make models of. One of the volunteers at Freedom Park is a model club member. I'll ask him where to find plans for both ships.
Viejo
“Keep the memory of the USS Scorpion SSN-589 and its crew alive"
http://www.decklog.com/SSN-589.asp