Author Topic: Virtual submarine museum - trying to start up on facebook  (Read 5937 times)

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
Virtual submarine museum - trying to start up on facebook
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:47:29 AM »
USSVI National Commander, Pat Householder, set up the start of what we hope will be a nice virtual on-line submarine museum on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/USSVI-Virtual-Museum/366223061298?ref=ss

For those with Facebook accounts why not become a fan.  I think they may be still working on getting this set up right, but they did post a few pictures.  This was another idea batted around on LIB's BBS, and national seems to have run with the idea.

As with anything such as this it will take a long time and a big effort to get a lot of information added.  I'm sure that if you wanted some pictures of your boats you can send them to me and I will get them posted there - so far I don't think the page was set up to allow others to post pictures - only the admin.  Hum!

We are starting to see a lot more Submarine and Submariner presence on Facebook, which is good.  I'd rather look at pictures of submarines than say Megan Fox (OK, before Darrin rubs me - not quite true)! LOL

But seriously every time we can get a picture posted and people looking at them - then maybe these fans will want to see the real deal in person.
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website

Offline Viejo

• On Eternal Patrol 12/10/12
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 6
    • View Profile
    • Lockwood Internet Base
Re: Virtual submarine museum - trying to start up on facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:31 PM »
John T. glad to know you can post pictures there. Not sure why the control thing on that page as none of other pages to do with USSVI have that, but as you said admin and personalities. I like people to post on the pages I do. That way I know they are interested and it gets more people to be a part of the page. But I am not into micromanaging either. Never found that really worked well when running a business. But I'll let people know you can get pictueres we want up and that is the main thing.
Thanks,
Viejo
“Keep the memory of the USS Scorpion SSN-589 and its crew alive"
http://www.decklog.com/SSN-589.asp

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual submarine museum - trying to start up on facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:11:11 PM »
Megan Fox..... hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,       You were saying something John :2funny: