Author Topic: Current (no pun intended) Electrical Wiring on SS-310  (Read 6697 times)

Offline W5HOY

• Seaman
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Current (no pun intended) Electrical Wiring on SS-310
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:32:31 PM »

Hello All

I was visiting with MSarsfield today and he indicated that the electrical system in the boat is reaching full capacity. I am going down to the boat on Friday the 2nd and will take a quick look -

As I understand it we are getting power from a spot in the back of the museum feeding to the boat, and are primarily using it for internal lighting and misc items?

Do we have a power panel set at the boat (inside or out)?

Thanks
Charlie

Offline MWALLEN

• Military Historian / Former Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • The Official USS Batfish SS310 Website
Re: Current (no pun intended) Electrical Wiring on SS-310
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:16:23 PM »
If you can reach Vaughn Newkirk...he'd be the man w/ the answer.  He did the wiring for the AC units, so I'm not sure what he actually installed in that regard.

Mark A.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline W5HOY

• Seaman
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »
ok good start - will advise.

thxs

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »
I forgot to mention that there are individual cut-offs/breakers next to the A/C units on deck, but these are strictly for those two units to meet building codes.  There are other A/C and fan/blower control panels in the boat.  The only way that I know of to kill all of the lights/power at once is either from the utility pole or the main switch in the museum (which is how Rick shuts the place off every night).

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 08:34:37 PM »
Electrical is a big problem.  We really need to assess how things are wired internally.   Just ask for me and I will show you everything we know.....

rick