Author Topic: Box - Sub Battery Test Kit  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Box - Sub Battery Test Kit
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
One of the museums might be looking for one of these... nothing inside... http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-US-Navy-Submarine-Battery-testing-Box-1942-/120519513030

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Box - Sub Battery Test Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
There were several aboard subs, one for each battery well. Mostly hygrometers and related gear. We have several with most of the gear. But the rubber bulbs have turned to brittle gunk.  My contacts tell me they were stowed down in the battery wells, so to have one on display on the tour route would be inaccurate. That is nice to know.  Now LING should have one in each of her fully intact wells.. the rest of us can only grin with green envy.
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Box - Sub Battery Test Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »
I was thinking of more as a display item int he museum building.  Torsk has their test kit items in a glass display case in the after battery berthing area for a limited time - they rotate the display.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy