Author Topic: Clinometers (bubble) and Ballast Panel Indicator Lens  (Read 6985 times)

Offline pekelney

• Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Clinometers (bubble) and Ballast Panel Indicator Lens
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
Folk,

Pampanito is missing both her clinometers from the dive station.  Photo from the fleetsub manual and from the Bowfin dive station are located at:
http://www.maritime.org/wish/bubble.htm
I have located a drawing of the backplate and scales, and a supplier of the clinometer tubes.  If I start making a replica, which other boats are missing these?

In a similar vein, Pampanito is missing some of the red and green lens from the hull opening and ballast tank indicators (particularly in the engine rooms).  I am again considering tooling up to make more lens and would love to know which other boats need how many of these?
http://www.maritime.org/wish/lens.htm

rich

thomas bowser

Re: Clinometers (bubble) and Ballast Panel Indicator Lens
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:17 PM »
Rich
We could use about 20 of red and green lenses and maybe more, I may be able to help with tooling cost in a month or two
Tom

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »
Batfish needs both.  We'll have to get back with you on how many of each.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 01:02:29 AM »
Rich:

I am traveling to Las Vegas (Death Valley mostly) so I will not get the photos you requested until I get back on Thurs. Feb 3.  But as far as lenses go, we have all of our originals thankfully, but who knows what the future holds?  So I think Dr. John will agree with me that we would like to have an adequate supply as hedge against any future calamity... or a visit from Tom Bowser :o
Maybe a spare bubble tube or two as well ...
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Viejo

• On Eternal Patrol 12/10/12
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 6
    • View Profile
    • Lockwood Internet Base
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 10:45:53 AM »
Here is a shadowbox with an inclinometer in it from the USS Eathan Allen. It will be part of the auction that we will having going on the internet sometime soon. As soon as there are pictures up on the website, I'll post the address here. All proceeds from the auction go to the USS Marlin and the USS Marlin Base. I would appreciate it if all of you would put out the word about the auction. We have around 150 items so far to put in the auction and need a lot more. If any of you could contribute, please send items to
Jon Howery
 1423 Western Ave
 Thurman  IA   51654-5044
Thanks,
Viejo 8)
“Keep the memory of the USS Scorpion SSN-589 and its crew alive"
http://www.decklog.com/SSN-589.asp