Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Website Updates and Off-Topic Discussion / Re: Is anyone still using this forum?
« Last post by Mike on August 29, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »
I echo Lance's statement - between work, kids (a 5-year-old charming girl who needs a trip to the Drum soon, and a sulking 17-year-old who is determined to make Geico rich off of my premiums), and getting more crotchety, I have dropped off Facebook and most social media. Even stopped writing on my blog as much as I once did.

However, good to see a lot of the familiar names still here... this place will never truly go quiet, it seems.
Website Updates and Off-Topic Discussion / Re: Is anyone still using this forum?
« Last post by Lance Dean on August 24, 2023, 11:27:46 AM »
*cough* *cough*

I knew my world would change when I had kids, and it sure has. All of my hobby side projects have been put on the wayside for quite a while now. While this place is dear to me, and I've made sure not to get rid of any of this, I haven't had the time to update and push.

Sometime in the not so distant past, social media took a huge leap and made individual website forums a lot less popular. I get that. I try to share interesting things going on at various museum submarines on our Facebook page.
USS Batfish (SS-310) / Plummeting numbers
« Last post by MWALLEN on August 23, 2023, 09:39:12 PM »
As you can see from the attached chart, the number of visits dropped around the same time I quit updating the Batfish website.  I'm still getting around 7K hits per year but nowhere near the mid 40K hits I was getting.  I've started updating the site again and hope to get the numbers back up.  Stop by and see what I'm doing.  Keep coming back to see the updates.  It's slow, so be patient.  www.ussbatfish.com
USS Batfish (SS-310) / USS Batfish Facebook Group
« Last post by MWALLEN on August 23, 2023, 09:34:11 PM »
To compliment my Batfish website (www.ussbatfish.com), I've created a Batfish Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1283019579030223).  My goal is to use it for several things such as:

1. A guestbook proxy so I don't have to re-create the one I previously had
2. A message board for all things history-related about the Batfish (SS310).  It's not about the park, they have their own FB group page.
3. A real-time information exchange on the history of the Batfish and her crew.

Just started it, so come over and follow it.  I have a whopping 5 members at the time of this post.  LOL
Website Updates and Off-Topic Discussion / Is anyone still using this forum?
« Last post by MWALLEN on August 18, 2023, 11:47:42 PM »
Looks dead, wonder if anyone is still around to revive it.  Although I'm not back at the Batfish, I am getting ready for several things Batfish.  Would love to reconnect to old friends and make some new ones.

Give a reply...if I don't hear from anyone, I'll post my batfish email address and you can hit me up there if/when you discover this post.

Mark Allen
School of the Boat / I would like to welcome the new folks to this page
« Last post by Darrin on September 29, 2019, 11:57:02 AM »
There are some hopefully new faces here from the USS Ling, hopefully we can help them out in their endeavors

Darrin
USS Ling (SS-297) / Re: USS Ling Status
« Last post by Darrin on September 26, 2019, 04:29:53 AM »
There is a group trying to fix her and have been in talks with the local mayor and a waterfront group
Museum Submarine Discussion / Re: USS Batfish is safe currently
« Last post by Lance Dean on July 02, 2019, 11:12:20 PM »
It seems it could have been much worse. Thank for keeping up on this, guys.
Museum Submarine Discussion / Re: USS Batfish is safe currently
« Last post by Mark Sarsfield on May 29, 2019, 11:09:12 AM »
Here is the latest video from News On 6.  She's listing about 15 deg to starboard.  At some point the weight will be resting on the stbd planes and a lot of strain put on the rudder. 

https://www.newson6.com/clip/14832839/update-uss-batfishmp4
USS Ling (SS-297) / Re: USS Ling Status
« Last post by MWALLEN on May 28, 2019, 09:43:03 PM »
Ling to Muskogee Rumor? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYbQ2exWLY

I know it's a year old, but this is the first I've heard of this.  Anyone got any updates?

Mark
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10