Author Topic: Merry Christmas! Check in and say hello!  (Read 9453 times)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Merry Christmas! Check in and say hello!
« on: December 17, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »
Well, the race is on to Christmas.  Christmas Eve is a week from right now! 

How are all of you doing?  It's been a while since I've heard from some of you.

I'm wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Lance

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas! Check in and say hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:10:16 PM »
Im great finished finals (thank god) heading to the batfish ina couple days ^^ wanting to see how the uss oklahoma memorial is comming. Then of course on christmas eve night ima put firecrackers in the chimney to wait for old nutty himself :knuppel2:
I am a fan of the batfish and the U-505 i have been interested in world war 2 since i was little my dad and his father and my dads fathers mother served in wars i am interested in the Submarine war of world war 2 and someday i want to be a marine archaeologist and or a world war 2 historian

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:26:53 PM »
Merry Christmas from the Batfish Crew.  We are still here and enjoying some of the slower days of winter.   Check our posts as we got a lot of painting done this year, as well as getting past the 60% mark on the deck.   The OK Mast has arrived and are starting to receive more support from the locals.   I cannot wat until next year as we have much more planned.   Until then everyone have a happy Christmans and blessed New Year. 

Now it back to writing documentation and cataloging objects.      :crazy2:

Offline Karen D.

• Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Maritime Museum
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 11:08:21 AM »
Merry Christmas to all from Cobia! We've been buried under a foot of snow and ice the last week. It's been a busy year, but next year looks to be even busier for the boat. Alot of excting plans in the works. Can't wait untill after the holidays to get back down there and get back to work. Starting with painting a couple of torpedoes!

Karen

Offline Bill Wasil

• USS Blueback veteran
  • Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • Sonar: The Eyes and Ears of the Boat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 03:01:02 AM »
Well, the race is on to Christmas.  Christmas Eve is a week from right now! 

How are all of you doing?  It's been a while since I've heard from some of you.

I'm wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Lance
Hi Lance,

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.  Have a great 2011.
Bill
Bill
From the Sonar Shack

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »
Everything is going really well for us here.  Thanks!

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 12:32:53 AM »
Hey i got some good news as apart of my christmas present ima get to the cavalla in the summer :) have good new year lance and bill and all yall XD I  was gonna visit batfish just had too much planned
I am a fan of the batfish and the U-505 i have been interested in world war 2 since i was little my dad and his father and my dads fathers mother served in wars i am interested in the Submarine war of world war 2 and someday i want to be a marine archaeologist and or a world war 2 historian

Offline Bill Wasil

• USS Blueback veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 01:24:16 AM »
Broken Arrow.....

Enjoy your visit to the Cavella!  It will be quite an experience for you.  I finally got to see my old boat, the Blueback in Portland this past summer.  It was a real treat to sit in my old sonar shack once again.  I hope you have a good docent to ask questions; it's important to have someone that knows the boat to explain what you are seeing.  I visited the Russian boat and the USS Dolphin in San Diego last year and there wasn't anyone giving the tour.  You just walked through.  The others that were touring didn't understand the what they were seeing.  Really a shame.

So have fun!

Bill
Bill
From the Sonar Shack

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Thanks :) i liked the batfish when i went for the first time in the summer it will be interesting were going with 2 5 year olds and a 2 year old xD which might try to play hide and go seak.  im also gonna go to the razorback sometime or another. and i bet it was neat setting at ur sonar spot i can imagine u had quit a flashback with the memorys and all your really lucky that ur sub is a musem.

Offline Bill Wasil

• USS Blueback veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 10:52:56 PM »
"BAT",

I actually started hyperventilating while walking down the gang plank to see the "Back".  A lot of good memories started flooding back.  Once inside I was really surprised at how much I remembered about the boat and its equipment.
When I sat at the old sonar console (it may have even been the one I operated) I really was taken back.  All of the equipment was there with some updated stuff that came after I left the boat.  What really surprised me though was how the boat appeared much smaller inside than what I remembered.  That's one of the things that happens when time goes by.

Enjoy your visit when you get to see the Cavalla.

Bill
Bill
From the Sonar Shack

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »
lo:)i imagine it was i remeber my dad telling me his experianceswhen he was in the SK (south korea) he cried a bit.  its a special thing in ur heart u never forget those times  thats the good part about the military