Author Topic: ...navy requirements  (Read 5670 times)

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
...navy requirements
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:28:27 PM »
Hey..i know some of u served in the navy so maybe u could help me with this..or give me advce anyhow.....Okay so i went to the recruiter today..and filled out my medical stuff..i do have medical Isssues..Eye surgery, Heart condition(its fixed really) and stopped takeing adhd pills 4 years ago..with that being said..due to my medical history..do i have a shot at getting into the navy.. i took a practice ASVAB test and scored a 43..though it is low it was my first practice and kinda outa the blue...the navy is soppose to call in 2 or 3 weeks..but im just wanting to know from yall..if i have a shot at getting in
I am a fan of the batfish and the U-505 i have been interested in world war 2 since i was little my dad and his father and my dads fathers mother served in wars i am interested in the Submarine war of world war 2 and someday i want to be a marine archaeologist and or a world war 2 historian

Offline Earl

• Seaman
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ...navy requirements
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
Tough to say; my experience is with the Army, and that was twenty years ago.

I don't know if enlistment waivers are still authorized or not; I would recommend a complete physical by your family doc, for starters, and speak to your recruiter about your concerns. Just remember that until you sign the papers, the recruiter will, in some ways, "work for you" if you're a good prospect. Use that to your advantage.

How's your weight, physical fitness levels? Those are of importance as well. Grades in school OK? The trick to getting in right now is to make yourself as attractive as possible to the service - good grades, no disciplinary/legal problems, good physical fitness, the ability to learn.

Good luck!

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Re: ...navy requirements
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:05:28 PM »
Well..i did have a release form for my heart..and they said their gonna check medical records of the other ones..and.when i talked to the recruiter he had told me that physical fitness wasnt a big issue..grades are good As and Bs...basically this meeting with was to check to see if im even elgible to get in..and if i do get ima jump at the chance. he basically told us you have a 50/50 at getting in
I am a fan of the batfish and the U-505 i have been interested in world war 2 since i was little my dad and his father and my dads fathers mother served in wars i am interested in the Submarine war of world war 2 and someday i want to be a marine archaeologist and or a world war 2 historian