Author Topic: Can you help identify Submarine 110V DC/AC outlets?  (Read 6869 times)

Offline WW2SUB

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 0
    • View Profile
Can you help identify Submarine 110V DC/AC outlets?
« on: June 11, 2014, 11:04:55 PM »
Can you help identify Submarine 110V DC/AC outlets?

Hello All, I am looking to identify the USS Batfish’s 110V DC/AC outlets that are mounted throughout the boat. The look very near like a modern 120VAC twin outlet, like you find in almost any home built in the last 40 or 50 years. The only difference is that the home outlet has a round ground pin, whereas the boat has a flat ground blade. It has three vertical flat blades, where the home outlet has two vertical and then a third round pin.

So I am looking for its name or type in an effort to buy replacement jacks as well as a couple of dozen power plugs to connect things with. Anyone have a source that they would share?

I know it would probably be a better thing if I was to just replace them with standard modern wall jacks, but these are working just fine, and we would like to keep the original appearance anywhere we can.

Thank you.

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Can you help identify Submarine 110V DC/AC outlets?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 07:32:16 PM »
You maybe able to find an electrical supply warehouse that may still have them, I don't know if Torsk's are all that way or if they have been changed over to current ones because it has been a couple of years since I have been onboard her. We did however in years past pull them from the dead fleet in JRRF and in Philly from other ships that were decommissioned and getting ready to be scrapped.

I wish that I could help more with your search

Darrin