Author Topic: Is anyone still using this forum?  (Read 7404 times)

Offline MWALLEN

• Military Historian / Former Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • The Official USS Batfish SS310 Website
Is anyone still using this forum?
« on: August 18, 2023, 11:47:42 PM »
Looks dead, wonder if anyone is still around to revive it.  Although I'm not back at the Batfish, I am getting ready for several things Batfish.  Would love to reconnect to old friends and make some new ones.

Give a reply...if I don't hear from anyone, I'll post my batfish email address and you can hit me up there if/when you discover this post.

Mark Allen
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Is anyone still using this forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 11:27:46 AM »
*cough* *cough*

I knew my world would change when I had kids, and it sure has. All of my hobby side projects have been put on the wayside for quite a while now. While this place is dear to me, and I've made sure not to get rid of any of this, I haven't had the time to update and push.

Sometime in the not so distant past, social media took a huge leap and made individual website forums a lot less popular. I get that. I try to share interesting things going on at various museum submarines on our Facebook page.

Offline Mike

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone still using this forum?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »
I echo Lance's statement - between work, kids (a 5-year-old charming girl who needs a trip to the Drum soon, and a sulking 17-year-old who is determined to make Geico rich off of my premiums), and getting more crotchety, I have dropped off Facebook and most social media. Even stopped writing on my blog as much as I once did.

However, good to see a lot of the familiar names still here... this place will never truly go quiet, it seems.
"When you're holding people's attention, I feel you must give them high-quality ingredients. They deserve nothing but your best. And if they need information, get it, cross-check it, and try to be right. Do not waste their time; do not enjoy the ego trip of being onstage."

Henry Rollins