Author Topic: Batfish Memorial Day Details  (Read 14172 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Batfish Memorial Day Details
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 09:36:01 AM »
Travis,

What projects are you going to work on (beside the deck)?  I opened up the bridge hatch from the con (it's not an escape trunk) and the ceiling of it has old, flaking paint.  I thought that since you were working on restoring the forward escape trunk that you might want to check this one out, too.  Some electrical boxes are hanging by their wires and a lto of old wasp nests need to be cleaned out - Rick may have someone in mind for this.  I think that the only light up there is an emergency light (green housing with frosted glass) and it is very dark with the upper hatch shut.  I did not see any current wasp activity in there.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »
Travis, 

Stop by.  I have your grad pressent here.

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 11:58:18 PM »
It's going to be cool having you back out here. Surely your going to stop by that boat at least once. lol
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 01:27:14 PM »
Of course,  I have been speaking with the dean. Part of his cariculum is to spend 20 hours a day replacing deck on the boate  ;D

Seriously,  You guys in colage,  check with your porfs and deans (or whoever is in charge) about getting credit for work out here.   There are lots of things to do.  If you write up a good proposal, you might be suprised....

rick

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 11:00:21 PM »
Sweet thanks for the tip. Lord knows I need help with college.
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin