Author Topic: Batfish Reunion Details - 10 May  (Read 13056 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Batfish Reunion Details - 10 May
« on: April 21, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »
Rick,

What is the Plan of the Day (P.O.D.) for 10 May?  What time would you like everyone to be there?  I plan on measuring and photographing the radar sets for an SHIV modder while I'm there.

Thanks.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Batfish Reunion Details - 10 May
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »
I would like to clairivy.  Reunion week is May 6-10.  the banquit is on the 9 I believe it started at 7:30 last year.  The memorial service is on May 10 at 11:00.  I do not have many more details beyond that.  Ed (drac) Kaminskas heads this thing up.   He can be reached at edwin.kaminskas@sbcglobal.net

I hope this helps out. 

PS.  with all of the activities I have scheduled this month.  I plan on moving in.   OUI....

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »
I emailed him.  I'll post his reply in the Yahoo! group forum.  Thanks.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:07:49 PM »
Rick, I got the picture in the mail today so it should be ther next week on Tuesday or Wednesday.
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 09:00:34 AM »
I didn't post Ed's reply, because it was open-ended, but I copied Correy into the discussion and maybe Rick, too.  Anyway, Correy's opinion is that the reenactors should only show up on Saturday and let the veterans enjoy their dinner in peace on Friday without a bunch of guys badgering them.  I think that it's probably a good idea.  I need a lift to the boat on the 10th, but I haven't heard from anyone, whether they are going or not.

Mark S.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
Mark brought up a really good point on the dinner.  I think a representative or two uld still be good.  We need help getting the 50/50 raffle and the auction manned.  This may be an opertunity to participate without being intrusive.   I also want to point out that we will have the memorial service on May 10 at 1100.   

Rick

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 04:13:57 PM »
Good news, Tulsa Channel 8 has asked me to do an interview on monday for the reunion.  I will be in tulsa at 08:30.  I am told it will air sometime after 0900.   This will be free press. 

Tune in and watch the Park Manager make a fool of himself.   :2funny:

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 04:53:09 PM »
I've got the blank tape and ready to push the record button.  ;D
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »
That is great Rick!! Do not forget to mention that the Silent Service sank more Japanese ships than the Army air corps Marine air corps and the Navy's surface ships combined, That is a big thing no one knows. And of course dont forget to mention Batfish's awesome record.
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline MWALLEN

• Military Historian / Former Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • The Official USS Batfish SS310 Website
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 10:16:50 PM »
And of course dont forget to mention Batfish's awesome record.

Make a pitch for volunteers...and be sure to mention the website if they don't.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 09:40:37 AM »
I'm already at work, but let us know how it went.

Mark brought up a really good point on the dinner.  I think a representative or two uld still be good.  We need help getting the 50/50 raffle and the auction manned.  This may be an opertunity to participate without being intrusive.   I also want to point out that we will have the memorial service on May 10 at 1100.   

I'll post this info in our Yahoo! group to see if one or two guys are available on Friday night.  I haven't seen anyone commit to Saturday, yet.  My only way down there will be to hitch a ride with someone.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »
I seen the interview just now on TV. Man that was awesome. The cool part was that they didn't seem to rush or anything like they do with some of the other groups/acts/etc. Very cool!  :coolsmiley:
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline MWALLEN

• Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 12:18:33 PM »
Are they going to rebroadcast tonight?  I don't get home until 6...so maybe the 6 or 10 pm news cast?  Maybe on their website???
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline MWALLEN

• Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »
Just check the KTUL website (www.ktul.com) and there was nothing yet...may take a while.

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 12:26:10 PM »
No... the poll blaming Bush for the "bad" economy was more important to them... even though unemployment is low, the DOW is above 13,000 again, and only 0.5% of homes are being foreclosed on.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor