Author Topic: Native High School (or Skrool, if you're from certain areas) Students  (Read 9556 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Rick,

What are the details, again, about the native students wanting to help out on the boat, again?  Was it the Creek Nation?  Any chance of them giving us a hand during the day with the deck over Memorial weekend - even if it's for a few hours? 

Also, remember to hunt down the POC for the TX Sea Cadet unit.  Get their butts up here to help out and maybe even participate for VJ Day - we'll have to coordinate with Correy on that one.  Most major Sea Cadet training takes place during the summer months (because the churrin are out of skrool), but we might get lucky.

Mark S.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Yes the Creek Nation is helping out again.  I have 7 that sighned up this year.  John Goed is one of the followers.  It is my intention to have them helping out on some of this labor intensive projects.   I will be happy to have them help out were ever they are.  The do start in May.  So we will not see them until the.

John.   You have the info.  can you help out.

Rick

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
Our official start day is Monday June 2. I know that Batfish is closed but I and I bet others would be willing to come on out and work. As far as Memorial Weekend (May 24-25) I might be able to come in on that Saturday. Sunday I have to race and am contract bound. As for the other workers I am not sure. Now the last weekend of May I don't believe I have any obligations so I could come out then. But same goes for the others, I am not sure.

Rick, is there anyway to get in touch with them or have you talked to them?
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
I do not have any way to contact them.  I may meet that day to discuss our hours and planned activities.   I am hoping that they will contact me soon.

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
    • View Profile
So are we meeting at the museum on that Monday? If so just say what time. I am surprised they haven't called or came out yet. If they wait till the first day of work you will have to pull out your XO Cap  :knuppel2: .....Get Rod  :crazy2: and teach them a lesson :uglystupid2:
lol
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
    • View Profile
I went out there @ 7:45 but the gate was closed. I waited their for a bout 30 minutes and left. While I was there though no one else showed up. I guess I will see you tomorrow then.

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
Rick usually doesn't get there until maybe 9:30-ish.  Museum opens at 10.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
John,
my bad.   I will be there tomorrow by 930.

This has been a rough week.   

Rick

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
... and it's only Tuesday.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
remember my weekend falles on Monday and Tuesday.    I am a little off.   :idiot2:

Offline MWALLEN

• Military Historian / Former Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • The Official USS Batfish SS310 Website
Re: Native High School (or Skrool, if you're from certain areas) Students
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
I am a little off.

Yeah, but we like you that way...and besides...you blend in well with the rest of us.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Native High School (or Skrool, if you're from certain areas) Students
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 12:49:24 AM »
Rick usually doesn't get there until maybe 9:30-ish.  Museum opens at 10.

We were meeting up for the Creek workers thats never made contact in case they showed up Monday at 8am like our form letter told us to. lol But Rick forgot. Thats cool, he has alot on his to do list. See you tomorrow morning.