Author Topic: Photo Assist...  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Photo Assist...
« on: May 21, 2008, 05:56:11 PM »
I need a good photo for the front of next years brochures.  This will be printed in the fall for the 2008/2009 seasons.   Remember this will need to fit on the front of a tri fold brochure.   it will need tell what the visitors are comming into.   the fop will need to remain relitivally clear for the print to go there. 

Post your sugestions.

Rick

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Assist...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:46:28 PM »
Do you have any pictures to choose from ar to look at? It will be kinda hard to put a picture of the sub on the front cover. Maybe on the cover have the Batfish patch and inside a aerial shot with arrows pointing stuff out and the info on the back. Just a thought that came to mind.
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:25:56 PM »
Rick would you like color photos or black and white? Because I can think of alot of B&W photos.
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:03:40 AM »
I am open.  Keep in mind this is the first thing that people will see.  It needs to be eye catching and tell the people what they are seeing. 

I am learning that this is harder then it looks.

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:10:48 AM »
Color, hands down. While we love the antiquity of old, original B&W photos, the public would want color to make it interesting.
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 01:24:52 AM »
Hers is one that would definately catch peoples eye, but you would have to leave an open space above it to say U.S.S. Batfish and stuff. Or use a picture of the battle flag, and then on the edges mention what each symbol means.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 01:31:41 AM by Travis McLain »
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 08:25:44 AM »
Hence forth the problem.   We have to remember that we are talking to the general public that knows little about submarines, not to say about american history in general.  Most cannot even tell who the current pres is. 

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 09:17:08 AM »
VERY true.  I get asked all the time in my WWII German uniform if I was in Iraq or if I'm a confederate.  "Can you tell me where the German camp is?"  :uglystupid2:  Sad.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 12:48:31 PM »
Ft Gruber was the German POW camp here in OK.   I know of another in AZ just off Camel Back Mt near Phoenix

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 01:05:50 PM »
When we do public battles each unit has a camp setup. There will be a bunch of Germans sitting around in camp and we'll have some fool walk up to one of us and ask where the German camp is.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 04:42:56 PM »
Doh....

Round up and send them to the "rehabilitation" camps.  They will never forget a Natzi uniform afterwards....

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 04:50:15 PM »
ON THE TRAIN! SCHNELL!   :police:

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor