Author Topic: Breaking and entering problems  (Read 29869 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking and entering problems
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 01:11:12 PM »
Each person has to determine where the fine line is between safety and accessibility.  I have an AK under the bed, but the three loaded magazines are up on a closet shelf.  So, it would take me at least 15 seconds to get it out, run to the closet, and get at least one magazine loaded. If someone busted into the bedroom while I'm laying there and I'm woken out of a deep sleep, it's game over.

One idea is to keep the gun loaded in a holster hanging off a bed post or on a night stand.  During the day, you could lock it up or unload it and keep it away from little hands.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline nomad66

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
That is the exact reason I stated that my gun security procedures will change once I get my CCW permit. Which ever handguns become my carry, they will be highly accessable unless my grand children or other kids are visiting. Whatever I am carrying, the rest will be secured safely.

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 01:13:17 PM »
So, what's the latest on the break-ins, Lance?

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
Well, the only thing I know is that I haven't heard of anyone nearby being robbed lately.  If anyone has been arrested for the string of robberies, nothing has been said.

So either the crooks have been arrested for something else or else they are just taking a break.

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 03:16:14 PM »
...or they got drunk, swerved off the road and died... or they got gang-banged...etc.

They could be laying low. 

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2008, 01:11:44 AM »
...or they got drunk, swerved off the road and died... or they got gang-banged...etc.

We can only hope for such a happy ending to such a tragic story.  :2funny: Serves'em right.
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin