Author Topic: I need your photographs!!  (Read 19919 times)

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
Re: I need your photographs!!
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »
The Marlin and Mackerel SST-1 and SST-2 were about 131' long and displaced about 300 tons.  They were T-1 class subs. I think these two were the only ones ever build.  1 torpedo tube forward, 2 officers and 16 crew members.  Used for targets and training for fleet sonar school in Key West.  Both were active when I was in Key West in the 60's

It was fun watching them load a torpedo - it had to come in through the aft hatch, and go all the way forward through the boat.  I do believe that on occasion the COB could take them to sea with no officer.
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Gman

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
Yeah, no russian music. How about some of the songs from the naval academy? I was watching some good submarine videos on youtube and they had some really interesting takes on music there.

Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody comes in mind.. but thats another story.  :2funny:

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »
Why not use the music from Victory at Sea?
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »
Last call for any photos you have that you wish to contribute.  I thank everyone who did send me photos to use.

I plan on putting the finishing touches on this project this weekend and mailing off the final cut to Bill Lee on Monday.

If any of you wish to see the newest version and ARE NOT GOING to the convention, please PM me.  It might help to try it out on different computer setups anyway.

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
The presentation is ready for the convention!  I'll be mailing Bill his copies in the morning.

I have 3 versions.

#1 is a 235 MB .exe file.  This is likely what will be seen at the convention.  The quality is not as good as DVD, but it is super easy to navigate.  Just one file to run, no install, no player needed.  Just press Esc at any time to go back to the main menu to select which submarine boat you want to see the photos of.  It also has a "Loop All" option for continuous looping of all the shows!

#2 is a DVD with a menu. The problem is that the menu doesn't work properly in all DVD players that I've tested.  :(

#3 is a DVD without a menu.  This sucker works no matter what.  To navigate, you just use your remote's NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons (the chapter buttons) to go forward or backward.  This is my favorite for quality playback.

Thank you to everyone who contributed in any form!