Author Topic: Labor Day - what is everyone doing?  (Read 14362 times)

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
Re: Labor Day - what is everyone doing?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »
Very interesting - can't wait to hear more. Is there any history of deaths on the boat?  Ghosts usually have a reason to be in a place.  Also, you know they do not move around - they are fixed to a house, structure, or location.

I own a house built in 1720 and we do have two ghosts - very friendly.  I seen both. My wife has seen one.  One is a very young girl (about 8-10) with long hair.  The other is a older lady with gray hair, and I have had a very short conversation with her.

OK - not crazy, so don't go there.  We were thinking of having a ghost hunter out, but we both feel that would cause problems.  Our ghosts are very happy so why bother them.

Sleepovers have to be (or could be) fun!  :D
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »
JT,

Next time you run into one of the ghosts, say this: "In the name of Jesus, whom do you serve?"  Demons have the ability to take on any form that they want to.  The Bible refers to them as "familiar spirits".  Ihave friends that were approcahed by a familiar spirit that took on the form of an Indian princess.  The spirit showed its true colors when it asked them to leave and the people refusedto move out.

They don't like being challenged and they certainly don't like being evicted - it took a group of us to get rid of three that were in a house that I used to rent.  They were somewhat noisy and you could feel a sense of aggression as soon as you walked in the house.  If you stood in the spots that they liked to dwell, you would feel a cold chill start at your feet and then work it's way up your legs and back.  These three unwanted guests were attracted to the hosue, because a Mormon couple lived there before me and the husband used to beat the crap out of his wife.  He even threw her down the steps - the railing is still wobbly to this day.

In your case, these spirits may have been there for a long time, which means that they are very rooted.  I believe the Bible when it says all spirits (people) return to the Father. So, anything that we run into is usually up to no good.  Rick says that one of the latest photographs showed a dark mist/cloud.  I don't like it and I think it needs to go.  I don't mess with these things, because I know how they affect people and what they can do to relationships.  Man, the experiences that I can tell.

Anyway, food for thought...

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 01:35:53 PM »
Thanks - I can't and wont swear to this, but my wife thinks the little girl actually saved my life.  She knows at at times I stop breathing at night.  And the little girl woke me up. She was standing next to the bed and kept telling me to "wake up - wake up mister" so when I did I started breathing again.

It's funny that since that time and it was only once with her, we have never seen either again.  No doors open, lights going on, nothing.  so maybe she served her purpose and left.

I have to find the picture - but our oldest was taking a series of pictures of me opening a present at Christmas and in only one frame there is a very large cloudy object on the couch in our "Borning" room.  Just once about the size of a person torso.  so it was not an orb, which occur a lot with digial cameras. 

OK Borning room - this is a special room in some old colonial homes, using a lot more north, that was used for women to give birth to babies, nurse people or a place to allow people to die. Borning rooms all will have a fireplace.  (just FYI)
-----

John

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 12:50:32 PM »
Well,  I have never seen anything down there.  and everything they have presented to me would indicate good old american sailors.   Nothing malicious at all.   Besides.  With the good lord in my heart, there is nothing that can hurtme.   

I am getting dangerously close to preaching...... :angel:

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
Nope :angel:
-----

John

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »
I thought the same thing until I moved into a place with three demons.  They were aggressive and made everyone that came into the house aggressive and argumentative.  People would argue over weird, stupid stuff.  Once outside the house, we'd be scratching our heads as to why it ever became an issue in the first place.  Once we evicted the pests, that kind of stuff didn't happen anymore.

I could go on, but my point is to challenge these things and find out who they represent.

The hard part about doing spiritual house cleaning is new ones always show up.  They attach themselves to people until they find a better place to roost.  With a constant flow of visitors, you never know what kind of "baggage" people are bringing on board the boat with them and how much they leave behind.  I experienced this when we had a mom and her daughter come over to buy a hide-away bed from us about 4 years ago.  They left, but one of their "friends" stayed behind.  It liked slamming the dresser drawers in the bedroom that the hide-away bed was in.  It didn't take much to get rid of it, but it illustrates that you have to always be on guard.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »
I assume we all made it through Labor Day?

I haven't seen Tom Bowser around for a while.  I'm pretty sure he and Lesley are at the national convention right now, but I'm not sure.