Poll

Who would make the most difference for your submarine museum?

John McCain/Sarah Palin (R)
Barack Obama/Joe Biden (D)
Other/Independent/Write In

Author Topic: The Presidential Election, who?  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
The Presidential Election, who?
« on: October 24, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »
PLEASE, no flaming or arguing here.  Just the facts, ma'am.

The 2008 Presidential Election is upon us.  This is an amazing election.  There are things I like about both candidates, there are things I don't like about both candidates.  I honestly go back and forth between the two.  Never before in any previous local, state, or national election have I ever been so indecisive this close to voting time.

I've seen facts, I've seen even more fiction.  I don't believe that Barack Obama is the Anti Christ, I don't believe that John McCain is George Bush #2.

So I've decided to place this poll here.  This isn't necessarily a "Who are you voting for?" poll, but rather "Who would make the most difference for your submarine museum?" poll.  Why not?  On the grand scale of things, this is just a tiny little thing - museums.  Just off the top of my head, I would think Democrats would have a larger heart for museums in general, but I do not know, especially in this election.  John McCain has a strong Navy background.  Hmm....

No one can see the poll results until they have voted.  If you don't vote, you can't see the results.

Keep it clean!  If you have any facts, post them and the reference(s).

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
Re: The Presidential Election, who?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:55:28 PM »
Politics and religion are two very bad subjects.  :idiot2:

Now if you had a poll about submarines you would be safe - abeit split votes - but everyone would vote.  My vote goes to Torsk  :D no wait I mean Razorback!  :crazy2: Sorry I meant Drum.   :2funny: Maybe Albacore.  Well how about all of them. Best boat ever was the ones that were sailed by a bunch of Submariners (with of course a good measure of TM's)!
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 02:23:36 PM »
Just remember that your best boat was your last boat when reporting to a new command because you have forgotten all of the bad crap from your last boat.... Or for those whom only rode 1 boat then that is truly the case ;)

Offline emeacho

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »
You need a fourth choice: NONE OF THE ABOVE.  The presidential candidates don't give a rip about submarine museums because they don't vote.

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:30:16 PM »
You need a fourth choice: NONE OF THE ABOVE.  The presidential candidates don't give a rip about submarine museums because they don't vote.

Well yeah, I know.

If put on the spot though, who would at least act like the cared more, Obama or McCain?  I would think/hope McCain, but I was just wondering for other opinions.

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »
And just to be clear about the current election, I'm tired of voting FOR someone just because I wanted to vote AGAINST the other person.  That's getting old.  Nobody wants to talk about stands, policies, etc., but rather why not to vote for the other guy.

Think back to John Kerry vs. George Bush...