Author Topic: Nice boat!  (Read 11300 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Nice boat!
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »
I enjoyed the virtual tour of this boat.  I need to get to Portland to check her out in person.  It would be nice to crawl all over her to see what's different and what is the same.  Some of the equipment on the boat didn't look like it changed very much from the WWII days and other things were drastically different.  It has a little more of a yacht feel with wood paneling everywhere, but I'm still surprised how cramped eveything is, despite being a much bigger boat.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Dave595

• USS Blueback Volunteer
  • Seaman
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Nice boat!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 12:01:26 PM »
If you are coming to Portland, e-mail me.  We always like to show "our" boat to other crews.

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Nice boat!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 01:13:13 PM »
Thanks, Dave.  I would definitely be interested in getting the platinum tour. :)  Not sure when I'll ever make it up that way.  I'll have to make it a special trip.

Btw, welcome to the website/forum. 

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy