Author Topic: There will be no more updates on the status of K-77  (Read 10470 times)

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
There will be no more updates on the status of K-77
« on: December 11, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »
until it hits the news media, Ken's last day was right before thanksgiving and he won't be returning to Providence anymore to be with it. Sorry folks, it doesn't look good for the once proud movie star and of course the pride of the Russian Navy and it would not be surprising for her to become part of a Honda here in the next couple of months

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: There will be no more updates on the status of K-77
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:17:17 PM »
That is what has been assumed by many already.  I know Ken has plans to maintain his memories and the history of the K-77 in an upcoming project.

I'm just wondering why "official" updating has been put off so long.

Anyway, when K-77 is no more, I'll remove it from the front page of the website, but I'll probably leave this board up here on the forum.

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 12:21:21 PM »
Maybe we should make a list of museum boats that went to take the big nap in Davey's Locker.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »
The only one who knows why there has been nothing put out officially is Frank Lennon, the curator of the K-77. When she was raised he did put out that the boat was closed indeffinatly and I don't know that there will be anything other then the local media there in Providence posting when she is towed to the breaking yards.