Author Topic: Albacore Visitors Ctr renovations  (Read 64100 times)

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
Re: Albacore Visitors Ctr renovations
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 06:40:48 PM »
Snorkel to get them in - pressurize to move from compartment to compartment.  :crazy2: You feed them - we'll move them about! :2funny:

This also brings back a sea story - Jamaica we pulled into Ocho Rios and these two jg's went off - we didn't know where  but a few hours later they came back with smiles and 4 (count them) Playboy Bunnies! We had no idea there was a Playboy Club on that island, but they did.  Long legs and very short skirts - I was topside watch - damn! But there were hands below to help them off the Forward Torpedo Room hatch ladder! They also got more help UP as they left a couple hours later - I was still topside watch! DAMN! :D
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline John Bay

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Albacore Visitors Ctr renovations NTINS!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 06:53:43 PM »
I was in control on the 654 in Rota and helped Sophia, (now Queen of Spain) down the ladder for a tour of the boat.  They ate dinner with the crew.  Great folks!  At that time Juan Carlos was Pretender to the Throne, as Franco was still in power.  Her skivvies were NOT Govt. Issue.

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 07:03:41 PM »
I am qualified on the boats, however I do know that there are a number of musuem boats that CAN'T pressurize their compartments anymore so that is why I mentioned having to PUSH instead of pressurizing the compartment and BLOWING them out of the boat :2funny:

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 08:12:27 AM »
Come on John would you want to pressurize forward torpedo room to get her into Forward Battery?  :crazy2:  And Darrin I'll leave the "pushing" to You buddy!  I'll sit back with a cup of Gilly and watch!  LOL :buck2:
-----

John

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 02:30:16 PM »
Geez thanks JT for gettin her IN the boat and now you are leaving it up to me to get her out ???  That's ok, she is going to qualify each compartmet as she can fit through the hatches until she can get herself out of the boat, 1/4 rations and water for her... Duty Chief secure the AC to the aft torpedo room and turn on the heaters, break out the air freshners and open the escape hatch to let the smell I mean heat out, have the bellow decks tuck her in on a matress on the deck and then wake her up in the morning with some nice big lobsta's waiting for her topside. One way or another I WILL get her out of the boat

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 05:17:47 PM »
 :D  You put a BIG  :o Ham sandwich in Aft Torpedo Room & ring the dinner bell! She'll fly right through as if the Collision Alarm went off!  :2funny: Big Mamm can Move Baby!
-----

John

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »
GO for it JT and I will sit in the ATR with a BIG glass of gilly and juice and smile and laugh as you do that because I forgot to tell you earlier that I had the cook grease the door ways to allow her to slide right through :2funny: