Author Topic: 105 and you don't loook a day over 100!  (Read 6918 times)

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
105 and you don't loook a day over 100!
« on: October 01, 2009, 09:50:10 AM »
Some time around July 24, 2009 I think Lance's Forum here hit 100 members.  I see we added 5 more to that bringing us to 105.  Well done Lane on keeping this forum open.

From the looks of things we have been in a summer slump though with not a lot of posting going on.  I for one being a true Introvert surely cannot start chatting first.  It's just not in my nature.  :crazy2:

I just cannot fathom that we have 105 Introverts registered.  I know for sure that Paul does not fall into this category.  But it sure would be nice if some of you newer members jump in and start chatting.  It's ok to just ask a question.  It's ok to just post something.  It's just ok to share a link or two that you find interesting.  It's ok to post a picture.  Anything so I don't have to come out of my Introverted world.  :-[

Right now there is another discussion talking place about allowing women to serve on submarines.  Any thoughts here on that subject. I know that the size of the shower we had on Picuda would have been nice to shower with Scarlett Johansson.  :angel:  OK we didn't shower that much on diesel boats, but what a vision.  I'm not sure what she  would think of walking through the Forward Engine room seeing Jack Doyle standing there with his ball cap and boots on (he usually stood watch naked).

So jump in and start up a conversation - it doesn't hurt and then I can sit back and not chat.  I like being an Introvert.  ;)

-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: 105 and you don't loook a day over 100!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:32:19 AM »
Why would someone enjoy standing watch naked??

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »
Doyle was a bit strange and you  have never been in the engine room when they are running - temps get up to 130 degrees.  A lot of guys stood watch with out shirts.  It was miserable in there.  Doyle was only an E4 so his duty station was oilier in the lower level - not much air circulating there.  He was a sight to see - grease and oil from head to toe!  No one hot bunked with him for sure! :crazy2:
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:39:47 PM »
No one hot bunked with him for sure!

;D ;D ;D ;D