Author Topic: Yet another question...  (Read 12870 times)

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another question...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »
Karen,

Of all things that will never need to see the light of day again other then for those of us whom served on the boats are the strong backs...  I was busting Paul's chops earlier because there are those whom believe that the Torpedo Rooms are storage places that they can use for whatever they bring home and that was not the case when the boat was operational :crazy2:

BTW, He is absolutely correct.... PLEASE put a metal tag on it so that the folks whom follow on after us will maybe possibly understand what it was. :o

Darrin

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 02:14:54 PM »
Karin:
Sorry, I forgot, USS COBIA has lots of spare room in the torpedo room main deck and the strongback will not be in the way (  ;)  )...  besides, Wisconsin gals can toss 250-lb steel objects around like they're made of Styrofoam, yes?

And Darrin... look here pal, if the boat isn't going to be slinging fish at Marus anytime soon, those damn torpedo bilges are FINE storage areas for picnic supplies (OK we removed most of ours recently), PA systems (again, too much banging of electronics hauling it topside so we removed that too), and giftshop teeshirts (now that is fine)!!!  If I get my hands on a certain barnacle-encrusted torpedoman I will store parts of HIM in the forward torpedo room!!! And the rest of the carcass in the afterbattery well!!!   :knuppel2:

Carry on... that is all...

Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »
Paul,

The lower flats (bilges) on Torsk have held everything from spare radio's to a podium that was put together using plastic tubing and scrap wood not to mention all kinds of other crap that someone thought we needed and then left and never came back to retrieve said item. Or my favorite, parts storage from Strip Ships and those whom pulled the parts no longer remember where they put the parts or what was even brought home during that particular strip ship :2funny:

It has been fun going into those lower flats and seeing stuff that was pulled out of JRRF 4-5 years ago and those parts are no longer needed because were bought or borrowed from some place else or we brought home a rather large electrical cabinet only to need a couple of small pieces parts from it.

Darrin