Author Topic: Goverment Shutdown  (Read 5173 times)

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Goverment Shutdown
« on: April 07, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
Hey iv been reading about the goverment shutdown..and it mentioned its hurting national parks musems Ect but my question is the shutdown hurting the submarine musems at all
I am a fan of the batfish and the U-505 i have been interested in world war 2 since i was little my dad and his father and my dads fathers mother served in wars i am interested in the Submarine war of world war 2 and someday i want to be a marine archaeologist and or a world war 2 historian

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Goverment Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:40 AM »
If I had to guess, I'd say it would only affect the USS Nautilus.

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 05:00:22 PM »
Speaking for the Batfish, The Muskogee War Memorial is governed by the city,  while the title to the boat is in the states name.   For the past five years I can count on roughly $10k- $15k that is provided by the city in water garbage and monitary donations.   Other then that we support ourselves from our reciepts a the door.   The budgetary issues in Washinton do not effect us.  Sometimes I wish they did because I would know that we actually had a valid monitary supporter for a change.

But I will digress at this point....

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 12:26:13 AM »
Well its a good thing the goverment didnt shutdown..
I am a fan of the batfish and the U-505 i have been interested in world war 2 since i was little my dad and his father and my dads fathers mother served in wars i am interested in the Submarine war of world war 2 and someday i want to be a marine archaeologist and or a world war 2 historian